Current and Recent Projects
By making a charitable contribution to AFGMC, you are having a direct impact on the important work being done at Galilee Medical Center
Past projects made possible by generous AFGMC donors include an Indoor Playground for pediatric patients and the renovation of the Pediatric Surgery Department.
The Indoor Playground is now a critical part of the hospital’s pediatric wing, as pediatric patients are often unable to use the hospital’s outdoor playground for fear of possible infections. The Indoor Playground and its use of safe, specialized, interactive flooring is critical to the healing process of Galilee Medical Center’s youngest patients.
This project was generously supported by the Jewish Federation of Omaha and the Iranian American Jewish Federation of New York.
The renovation of the Pediatric Surgery Department was generously supported by the Iranian American Federation of New York through AFGMC.
In early 2017, the mother of a young surgery patient volunteered to put together a team to address the Department’s physical condition, after being distraught by the disparity between the excellent medical care her son received and the depressing physical environment.
The team, which included an architect and interior designer, developed a plan for renovating the Pediatric Surgery Department. The plan was to revamp the existing facility with the aim of creating warm patient rooms in a comforting and healing environment.
2020 Funding Opportunities
Click on one of the Categories below to donate to projects
- Reconstruction of 2 floors of Internal Medicine Building (2 floors funded by the Helmsley Foundation)
- 5 New Protected Operating Theaters
- Purchase of critical medical equipment (CT, computerization, imaging etc…)
- Renovation of food service facility
- Renovation of Dialysis Center
Comprehensive Fortification of Critical Units (NICU, ICU, Infrastructures); the following is a breakdown:
- Underground Protected ICU
- Fortify Essential Infrastructures
- Underground Protected Neonatal Department & NICU
- Anesthesia Machine for Operating Theater (5 needed)
- Medication Station for Operating Rooms
- Echocardiogram (ECO)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET)
- Q-stress kit
- Cardiosoft EKG system
- EVE TR Mobile Emergency Ventilator
- Vital Signs Monitor (10 needed)
- Affinity 4 Birthing Bed
- ECG Machine (25 needed)
- LIFEPAK 20e
- Defibrillator/Monitor (10 needed)
- Forehead lamp for surgeons
- Blood pressure monitors (20 needed)
- Apium M220 3D Printer for Maxillofacial Department
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) technology for young children with severe multiple disabilities – 13 iPads needed
- Alternative movement technology for young children with Spina Bifida – 5 Scooters needed