By Sharon Mann
We’re proud and excited that five Galilee Medical Center physicians are included in Forbes Israel 2018 distinguished list of “Best Doctors in Israel”. Dr. Eyal Sela, Director of ENT, Head of Neck Surgery; Dr. Eli Kakiashvili, Director of General Surgery Department A; Prof. Samer Srouji, Director of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department; Dr. Irith Weissman, Director of the Pediatric Nephrology Department and Prof. Menachem Neumann, the Head of the Oro-Gynecological Service in the Women’s Health Wing.
- Dr. Eyal Sela is Director of Galilee Medical Center’s Ear Nose and Throat Head and Neck Surgery Department. Dr. Sela has accumulated extensive experience in his field in Israel and around the world, among others, when he worked in the Department of ENT and Head Neck Surgery, and a center for reconstruction at McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- Dr. Eli Kakiashvili is the Director of Galilee Medical Center’s Department of General Surgery A. He is a leading expert in Israel and Europe in the field of general surgery, oncology, liver and biliary surgery, and conventional surgery (open) and robotic and laparoscopy surgery.
- Prof. Samer Srouji, Director of Galilee Medical Center’s Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department, received a Ph.D. in the Technion’s Faculty of Medicine in the field of tissue engineering. Prior to his arrival at Galilee Medical Center, he served as Director of the Bone Research Laboratory at the Technion’s Faculty of Medicine and he was a Senior Physician at Carmel Medical Center. Prof. Srouji completed an advanced course in endoscopic surgery in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at Baptist Medical Center in Miami, Florida.
- Dr. Irith Weissman heads the Pediatric Nephrology Unit, which serves all the residents of the Galilee and is considered a leader and experienced in this field.
- Prof. Menachem Neumann, the Head of the Oro-Gynecological Service in the Women’s Health Wing, has many years of experience in his field and is an integral member of women’s health services at the Medical Center.
CEO Dr. Masad Barhoum: “I congratulate the physicians who are included in Forbes 2018 distinguished list of “Best Doctors in Israel”. They are part of a group of senior and professional managers and physicians who head the departments and units at Galilee Medical Center. The opening of new departments and units, the introduction of advanced technology and the integration of students from the Faculty of Medicine in the Galilee in the Medical Center departments, places us at the forefront of medicine not only in the Galilee, but in the State of Israel as a whole. I am certain that alongside medical activities, we will continue to lead academic and research for the community we serve.”